Sometimes, when you’re in a beautiful place, it’s easy to forget to take a #selfie. Later, when you look through your photos, you realize there’s one thing missing from them: Your head. Well, don’t worry: I’ve come up with a simple fix to that problem, so you can easily retroactively put yourself in the photo with just a few steps.
1. Pick out your favorite headshot #selfie:
2. Use a photo editing program to trim out the background:
3. Pick out a photo you took, but forgot to include your own head:
4. Drop in the cropped photo of your head where it seems most realistic:
5. Add the hashtag “#selfie.” Congratulations, your photo will appear in Instagram searches for “#selfie,” along with 88 million other photos*.
*estimate accurate as of 1:30 p.m. PST on March 18, 2014
Here are some other examples: